Wednesday 10 November 2010

Researching band photography

We have spent one and a half sessions researching into different bands within our chosen genre, rock, and band photographers.

One of the bands I chose to research is 'A Day To Remember'. I have collected some photographs taken of the band:










They like to take humorous images, only appearing serious is a select handful of them. Whilst many of the pictures look posed for, they have a natural element and you can tell they were having fun. This is something I would like to put across when capturing the images of the band I am creating. 








Another band I am researching is 'Bullet For My Valentine'. Again, I have collected a few photographs:








Contrary to the other band I researched, this band have taken a more serious approach to their images. It gives the impression they take their music quite seriously. Whilst I will include some serious images, the pictures of this band have made me decide against having too many, as, especially with a young audience, the band looks more appealing if it looks like they incorporate fun into their music.

No comments:

Post a Comment