Wednesday 5 January 2011

Researching Album Covers

An album cover is the front of the packaging of a commercially-released audio recording product, or album. The term can refer part of the protective sleeve used for all types of records or the front-facing panel of a CD package and, more recently, the primary image accompanying a digital download of the album or of its individual tracks.


This album is simple but really symbolises the songs on the CD. I think the effect of the crumpled paper looks good and i like the idea that you're seeing the back of somebody. It looks effective.
This is extremely simple, with just text on a plain picture. Whilst it uses some special effects, it only has a white background, grey text and the woman in a black dress. These are monotone colours, making the image look even more simple. I think this image inspired me the most in terms of what album cover i will choose to create myself.


This album cover is cartoon which doesn't really appeal to me as an album cover but again, it's simple, keeping the colour scheme constant.


This is a more busy and complicated album cover, with several people in the frame. I don't think i would choose anything like this for my own album cover as it is too hectic and demanding.


No comments:

Post a Comment